Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A smile.

I woke up this morning groggy and a bit cranky.....and then his arm fell over me ever so gently, and i felt his face nuzzle into my hair....i was faced the wrong way to see his beautiful face, but I've seen it for years, i know what it looks like and will never forget it.  i could feel his breath on the back of my neck, and what was going to be a crappy morning, started to change......the feeling of dread of having to get up started fading away, the thought of "just another hour of sleep!" started to dissipate.....all because of a simple touch, a touch he probably didn't even know he did, but is just habit now.

after 11 years, habits get formed. and you don't seem to notice the small things that your loved one would do that would make your heart skip a beat. sometimes, we need to be reminded of such things. this is one of those things my baby does every morning. its so hard to have to tear away from each other, when all you want to do is stay in each others arms. i don't know how he does it. he cuddles with me, and then forces himself away from me to get up and go to work to support the family. i can't do it. I would rather stay in his arms day and night. 

little things make the difference.

When he sings to me.....he always knows how to make me melt. and his eyes and voice is enough to have any girl fall in love with him.

when he surprises me by wearing his kilt. mmmm......yeah.......mmmmmm

when he wears his hair down on purpose......and comes to me and leans over me and lets his hair fall in my face, where it tickles my face ever so gently.....that right there.....is bliss.

when he sends me the text messege "miss you" or "love you" he knows how to pull on my heart strings.

some people forget these small little things.......but these are my daily smiles......these are some of the things that keep that spark between us.

after 11 years we are still madly in love with each other. and still love each other dearly even when we are upset at one another. and i love hearing people tell us "you two still act like newly weds" it lets us know that we are doing something right, and we have something very rare and very special.......

some of my smiles........

i love you baby........you are amazing......and i can't live without you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment